Tameside Oldham and Glossop Mind’s training department are introducing their Community Mental Health Work course. Starting in January 2017 the City and Guild’s level 2 accredited course runs for 10 weeks from 25th January until 29th March 2017 inclusive. Their registration and induction session is on 18th January 2017 and runs from 9:30am until 2:30pm.
If you are interested in working or volunteering in mental health or have family members experiencing mental illness or distress then take this opportunity to learn more surrounding;
- Principles & Values of Mental Health
- Ways in which Mental Health affect the person and their carers
- Communicating with someone with Mental Health distress along with their carers
- Health & Safety when working in a Mental Health organisation
- What makes an effective Mental Health worker
A previous attendee said “A great course, I feel much better equipped in dealing with mental health distress. I have a better understanding of it and identifying mental health problems.”
The course is free to access for anyone who is unemployed, living in Tameside or Oldham with experience of mental health problems. If you live outside these areas and have no lived-in experience of Mental Health problems then the ten week course costs £250 to access. You may be asked to pay a deposit to secure your place, however if you feel this will cause you financial hardship please contact us to discuss.